Friday 15 August 2014

Unforgettable - Matching the footage with the music

Today I continued adding the happy footage from the car safety ads to my digital media presentation. I've been putting my scene switches at the same time that a line in the song begins by slowing down the footage to around 70-90% of it's original speed. The synchronisation of the scene changes with the music adds to the harmony of the footage, and makes it feel happier to me.

I learnt to avoid slowing down the footage too much, because I tried doing that once today and the relatively low frame rate of the videos resulted in too few frames per second, making the footage seem 'glitchy' or 'stunted', which substantially ruined the atmosphere.

I've also learned how to adjust the size of the clips so that there are no black bars on the sides of the screen. This was originally a problem as some videos had them and some didn't, but now I've adjusted the zooming and aspect ratios of the videos so that there are no black bars down the sides or top/bottom of the video, which has made the transitions between clips more smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment