Monday 11 August 2014

Beginning work on Unforgettable

Today I've begun work on my Unforgettable/car crashes idea, and begun clipping and rearranging my videos so that it progresses from the happy clips to the sad clips.

The first thing I managed to do was find a better version of Unforgettable to use, because it includes just one voice and no saxophone solo, and the atmosphere I wish to obtain is maintained throughout the song. This song was the adaptation used in the fight scene from Watchmen.

I decided the best way to start the video would be about 2 seconds of silence and darkness, then to begin fading in the music, and then have an especially loud striking of the match (from near the start of this clip) come in after the first set of piano cords, then to try and synchronise the shot changes with the endings of the piano cords, then start smooth transitions from shot to shot as the singing comes in.

The match being struck would occur while the screen is still dark, and would then have the footage of the match lighting the candles just after the match strike fades out, like in the original video, but instead of the couple in a car crash, darkness.

I would then skip all the scenes of the couple in the car crash and leave in all the happy footage, then continue onto the next happy couple, and so on.

I'm liking how this video is beginning to evoke an emotion within me when I watch it, but I'll have to do a lot more editing to be sure whether it's truly working well at evoking an emotion or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment