Thursday 28 August 2014

Unforgettable - Continuing the sadness

Today I continued work on my Unforgettable digital media presentation. I have finished adding all of the happy footage footage from the clips, and am now onto adding the sad footage. The first sad footage, from this video, I've made continue on to the last of the happy footage from the other clips, but now the audience is aware of the impending grief of the other situations, so there is a feeling of tension that will contribute to the sadness. I'm also very happy with how the syncing of the audio and video is working, and I believe this improves the effect of the audience. I also added a scream, squealing car brakes and a loud crash to the impact on the sad clip, which I feel emphasises the sudden emotional shock the audience feels. I got the very good squealing brakes sound effects from here, (the ones labelled AUTO-BRAKE-SKID BRAKE are the ones I used).

I've also downloaded some sound effects for going in and out of slow motion which I'm going to use on the sad footage from this video when the car flips over. I'm also planning on muting out the music when this occurs, for added effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment