Tuesday 2 September 2014

Unforgettable - Peer Review

I have gotten up to about 80% of my Unforgettable digital media presentation complete. I have also been going back through the amount of the presentation that I have already completed and been emphasising certain aspects of the originally-almost-completely-faded-out-background-noise from the videos. These particular moments have had sudden sounds that add to the shock of what is happening, or have added to the atmosphere of that time in the video.
These moments have included:

  • The giggle at the start of this clip (which I had to do some tricky fading with to make sure the singing voice in the background wasn't easily heard)
  • The couple being hit by the car and scream in the same clip (0:18)
  • The car being hit by a truck here (1:00)
  • The man being hit by a car here (1:11)
I've also shown my video (or what's made of it so far) to the two students sitting next to me, both of whom felt that it really shocked them and made them feel uneasy and upset (not in a sick way, an emotional way, it wasn't that bad). Discussing with them what they felt has also helped me develop my understanding of the emotions I've evoked. I've come to understand that although it is a small amount of happiness that I'm portraying in the first half, the second half is partly sadness or depression, but also largely shock. Now that I understand that this is the emotion I've been trying to evoke all along, I'll be able to incorporate this into the rest of my digital media presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment