Wednesday 3 September 2014

Unforgettable - Testing the Audio

Our teacher got the new sound card which allows us to test the audio in our project on the surround sound and amp today, and so I have decided to start development on some of the sections of my digital media presentation that utilise surround sound and the amp today. I have added the sound I'm using for the speeding up and slowing down of time to my LFE layer (which plays on the amp). This makes little to no difference when using headphones, but I'm sure it will when I'm able to use the amp. I'm also planning to do the following to utilise the surround sound and amp:

  • Have the car crash sounds fly from one side of the room to the other
  • Have crashes that occur on certain parts of the screen come from the corresponding speakers (this crash would happen on the right speakers)
  • Have sounds like the screaming and crashing sound effects that I'm adding be at contrasting points in the room
  • Have other sound effects that utilise the amp

No comments:

Post a Comment